header

Home
Ancestor Gallery
Announcements
Association
Biographies
Carpenter Cemetery
Cemeteries
Clothing 1700s
Coat of Arms
Edict of Nantes
Family Letters
Ferree Store
Gazette
Genealogy Humor
Gunsmiths
History
Homes, Estates, Lands
Land Grant
Lineal Societies
Memorabilia
New Paltz Huguenots
Newsletter
Other Ferree Events
Paradise, PA
Past DOMF Reunions
Qwik Facts
Reunion 2016
Revocation of Edict
Carpenter's Cemetery

 

123 Black Horse Road Paradise, PA
One and a half miles south of Highway 30 on Black Horse Road at the Strasburg Railroad Crossing.
 
This site was selected by Madam Ferree soon after her arrival in Paradise for use as a private family burial ground. Located on the Daniel Ferree farm, it was originally known as the "The Ferree Graveyard" . When she died in 1716, Madame was the first one buried there. The Ferree and Carpenter families were connected when Daniel Ferree, Jr. married Mary Carpenter in 1739. Ownership of the farm changed over the years and eventually came into the possession of the Carpenter family. Ferree descendants became concerned as to the future of the cemetery and in 1787 executed an agreement with the Carpenter family whereby the cemetery would be maintained by and made available for the use of both families.
 
Lancaster County Historic Preservation Trust Site 120
 

steps

one