header

Home
Ancestor Gallery
Announcements
Association
Biographies
Carpenter Cemetery
Cemeteries
Clothing 1700s
Coat of Arms
Edict of Nantes
Family Letters
Ferree Store
Gazette
Genealogy Humor
Gunsmiths
History
Homes, Estates, Lands
Land Grant
Lineal Societies
Memorabilia
New Paltz Huguenots
Newsletter
Other Ferree Events
Paradise, PA
Past DOMF Reunions
Qwik Facts
Reunion 2016
Revocation of Edict
David Witmer House
inn
44 Old Leacock Road Paradise, PA
David Witmer, Sr. and his wife Esther Kendig, moved into this area in 1778 and purchased this land (51 acres and 50 perches) from Jacob Ferree, son of Philip and grandson of Madame. This land was part of the original Ferree grant. In 1781 the Witmers built this house along the road that leads from Paradise to Gordonville. See below the two stone tablets built into the wall. It is a private home that its current owners operate as the Creekside Inn Bed and Breakfast. David and Esther Witmer's son, David Jr. married Jane Lightner who was a 2nd great granddaughter of Madame Ferree.
bild   date