header

Home
Ancestor Gallery
Announcements
Association
Biographies
Carpenter Cemetery
Cemeteries
Clothing 1700s
Coat of Arms
Edict of Nantes
Family Letters
Ferree Store
Gazette
Genealogy Humor
Gunsmiths
History
Homes, Estates, Lands
Land Grant
Lineal Societies
Memorabilia
New Paltz Huguenots
Newsletter
Other Ferree Events
Paradise, PA
Past DOMF Reunions
Qwik Facts
Reunion 2016
Revocation of Edict
Abraham Ferree House

180 Cherry Hill Road Ronks, PA

The main house dates back to 1747 and was built by Abraham Ferree, son of Philip and Leah Dubois Ferree and a grandson of Madame. The farm is known today as "Cherry Crest Meadows".
1747
 

abraham

On February 17, 1775, Abraham divided this land into three parcels retaining one for himself and giving one to each of his two sons, Israel and Cornelius. Abraham Ferree died one month later and his sons "agreed on a division line".

Interesting facts: On April 22, 1773, Abraham Ferree gave land for a school house for 999 years because of his regard and attention to liberal education liable to yearly rent of a red rose in June. On April 1, 1774, he granted privilege and use of a certain spring of water and privilege of passing to and fro liable to payment of one pepper corn in June month.